I got this recipe courtesy of Alton Brown on the Food Network. I know your probably thinking… Paleo people don’t eat chips What do i need salsa for? I use it on eggs, fajitas, burgers… lots of things. Just because I don’t eat grains or gluten doesn’t mean I cant use my imagination! Fresh salsa is much better for you and better tasting than jarred salsa, in my opinion, anyway … plus the added bonus of no preservatives and non-pronounceable crap!
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 seeded and minced jalapenos,
- 2 roasted, skinned and chopped jalapenos
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oi
- 1 whole lime, juiced (how to)
- 1/4 teaspoon each – chili powder, fine sea salt, and black pepper (more to taste)
- 2 stalks green onion (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro (cilantro tastes like soap to me, so I leave it off. The salsa tastes great without it)
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Place covered in the refrigerator for as little as 15 minutes or as long as 12 hours for the best flavor infusion.