There is a distinct possibility that showering everyday, like I’m used to here in the US, is not going to happen in Manta. We were told that there is running water, but we aren’t really sure to what extent it runs. So, to err on the side of caution, I am bringing a quick and easy dry shampoo for the days a shower is not an option. But, no worries. I am also bringing liquid soap for those times when water is available for washing.
Here is the recipe for the Quick and easy dry shampoo;
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder *for dark hair only, it’s okay to leave it out if you have lighter hair
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
Layer each ingredient into your container. I upcycled an old spice container! Make sure your container has a shake top (with many holes) for easier application. Repeat each ingredient layer until your container is full.
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
Once your container is full with the powder layers, add essential oils at the end to help repel mosquitoes as well as for the wonderful skin healing properties. Plus, they make it smell good.
Close your container tightly and shake it well. Now it’s ready for use.